————Permission to forward is granted————
Pelican Book Group announces a New Adult romance imprint. Pelican Pure Amore romances will be distributed through an exclusive direct-to-reader subscription service.
Pelican Pure Amore^(TM)
Sweet Romance, Pure Enjoyment ^(TM)
Pelican Pure Amore^(TM) romances are sweet in tone and in conflict. These stories are the emotionally-driven tales of youthful Christians who are striving to live their faith in a world where Christ-centered choices may not fully be understood.
Plots should not contain overly hard-hitting or controversial subjects but should be hope-filled, enjoyable reads that don’t come with a lot of excess baggage. Stories should be written in an active, engaging style that leaves the reader satisfied and smiling. Plots should focus on the love between a man and a woman who both hold God at the center of their lives and who have never been married. The hero and heroine will exhibit traditional Christian values but also should be three-dimensional and therefore exhibit flaws as well as virtues.
- Neither the hero nor heroine can have been married before. No divorced, separated, or widowed protagonists
- Both Hero and Heroine should be Christians throughout. While Pure Amore^(TM) may feature subplots that include the hero or heroine rediscovering or growing to a deeper faith, these are not stories centered on conversion. Therefore, both Hero and Heroine must be Christian at the onset.
- Either the hero or heroine, or both, must be a virgin. That means they must be physical virgin as opposed to being a “rededicated” virgin, and this fact must be addressed naturally within the context of the story.
- These are stories of Christians living Christian lives. Characters should adhere to mainline Christianity, but should not be preachy or didactic. The Christian element and/or lesson should be inherent to the characterizations and so should come through in the protagonists’ natural actions/reactions to events and people around them.
- Heroes and heroines must be between the ages of 21 and 33, inclusive.
- ALL titles must be between 40,000 and 45,000 words. No exceptions.
Pure Amore^(TM) romances emphasize the beauty in chastity, so physical interactions such as kissing or hugging should focus on the characters’ emotions rather than heightened sexual desire, and any scenes of physical intimacy should be absolutely integral to the plot and/or
emotional development of the character or relationship.
At this time, we are interested in finished manuscripts only. Please do not query unless your manuscript is complete. Please visit our web site for the access to the submission form. http://pelicanbookgroup.com/ (short URL: http://pelink.us/write4pbg )
Pelican Book Group
White Rose * Harbourlight * Watershed * Pure Amore
————Permission to forward————
Pelican Book Group announces the return of Easter Lilies. While Easter Lilies was originally run as a short story contest, the resurrected Easter Lilies will not be a contest, but conducted as an annual special release much like our Christmas Holiday Extravaganza. Each year, one Easter Lilies story will be released on each day of the Easter Triduum. (Yes, only three stories per year.)
2013 Defining Scripture for Easter Lilies is: Solomon 2:2 “Like a lily among thorns is my darling among the maidens.”
Easter Lilies are historical or contemporary romances. In addition to adhering to the guidelines for the White Rose imprint, the following is also necessary:
- The defining Scripture for the year must be used as a basis for the story. (This scripture will change each year on October 1st)
- Stories should be between 15,000 and 25,000 words.
- Both the hero’s and heroine’s points of view may be incorporated, however, we’d like these stories to be “hero-driven”, so ideally, stories should focus on the hero’s love developing for his heroine. These stories may be historical or contemporary, but they must be set around the Easter holiday.
- Heroes and Heroines should be between the ages of 25 and 35.
- In addition to using the current year Easter Lilies scripture as the reference, some symbol of the Easter Lily must also be incorporated. Easter lilies have long been a symbol of purity, motherhood, the trumpet herald of the Angel Gabriel as he visited the Virgin Mary, of resurrection, and more. (Feel free to research and use different symbols. These are listed as example only). How you incorporate any of the symbols is up to you. Whether it’s an actual flower that the hero gives to the heroine (or vice-versa), or a piece of jewelry, or a spiritual experience. The use is up to you. Perhaps your hero is a Christian musician who plays the trumpet. Perhaps your heroine has lily earrings that have been passed through her family. Perhaps your hero had a “resurrection” of his faith through some experience past or present, or maybe your heroine is a mother. How you incorporate the Easter lily symbolism is up to you. It can be subtle or overt, but it has to be there.
Submissions for Easter Lilies are accepted August 1st through September 30th each year. Submissions for Easter Lilies that are received outside this time frame will be discarded without response.
These guidelines and submission information can be found at: http://pelicanbookgroup.com/ec/submission-guidelines/easter-lilies-submission-guidelines
PERMISSION TO FORWARD
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS: WHITE ROSE PUBLISHING & HARBOURLIGHT BOOKS
Pelican Book Group is seeking manuscripts to fill a special 2012 holiday release extravaganza. We are currently seeking novelette to novella length stories (between 15,000 and 25,000 words) to fill twenty-four
special slots. Stories may fit either the White Rose Publishing (romance) or the Harbourlight Books (general fiction) imprint, but must have a Christmas theme. Submissions must be received on or before 1 May 2012.
Stories must be Christian fiction, may be contemporary or historical, and may fall under any subgenre (e.g. romantic suspense, sci-fi,) To submit, please use the submission form found on our website. (http://www.pelicanbookgroup.com/ec/submission-form ) Be sure to include: CHRISTMAS SUBMISSION in the additional notes section.
In addition, Pelican Book Group is always open to general submissions. Full submission guidelines may be found at http://www.pelicanbookgroup.com/ec/write-for-us
For more information about White Rose Publishing and Harbourlight Books please visit our website at http://www.pelicanbookgroup.com or read some of our titles. Our books are available local and online retailers such as Amazon, ARe, Apple, Barnes and Noble, Christian Book Distributors, Sony.