“Winter, since you saved our new house from burning to the ground, can we talk you into joining us for pizza?”
His new house?
Winter swallowed the giant clump in her throat. Tanner lived here now? In Promise Lake? Next door? How could this have happened without her knowing? Granted, she spent long hours on the job, and lately she’d been hanging out at the Henderson place. Apparently, she needed to pay more attention to the home front. A felon could have moved into her neighborhood and she wouldn’t have known.
Tanner Random could have moved in.
Police Officer Winter Evan and Navy SEAL Tanner Random are wrong for each other. Winter fears the water. Tanner skims through seas for a living. So four years ago, Winter convinced herself she’d be better off not worrying about his months at sea and his increased cajoling for physical intimacy.
But when she walked away, she lost a giant chunk of her heart.
Now Tanner’s back in town to care for his abandoned niece. No longer a SEAL, he’s sticking to the safety of the North Carolina mountains as a paramedic. Should Winter risk losing her heart all over again? Will God help them build what started years ago into something solid and secure? When love triumphs…
When Love Triumphs is part of the newly launched Pure Amore line, available by subscription with Pelican Book Group. Subscribe and receive a year’s worth of pure romances for as low as $48.
————Permission to forward is granted————
Pelican Book Group announces a New Adult romance imprint. Pelican Pure Amore romances will be distributed through an exclusive direct-to-reader subscription service.
Pelican Pure Amore^(TM)
Sweet Romance, Pure Enjoyment ^(TM)
Pelican Pure Amore^(TM) romances are sweet in tone and in conflict. These stories are the emotionally-driven tales of youthful Christians who are striving to live their faith in a world where Christ-centered choices may not fully be understood.
Plots should not contain overly hard-hitting or controversial subjects but should be hope-filled, enjoyable reads that don’t come with a lot of excess baggage. Stories should be written in an active, engaging style that leaves the reader satisfied and smiling. Plots should focus on the love between a man and a woman who both hold God at the center of their lives and who have never been married. The hero and heroine will exhibit traditional Christian values but also should be three-dimensional and therefore exhibit flaws as well as virtues.
- Neither the hero nor heroine can have been married before. No divorced, separated, or widowed protagonists
- Both Hero and Heroine should be Christians throughout. While Pure Amore^(TM) may feature subplots that include the hero or heroine rediscovering or growing to a deeper faith, these are not stories centered on conversion. Therefore, both Hero and Heroine must be Christian at the onset.
- Either the hero or heroine, or both, must be a virgin. That means they must be physical virgin as opposed to being a “rededicated” virgin, and this fact must be addressed naturally within the context of the story.
- These are stories of Christians living Christian lives. Characters should adhere to mainline Christianity, but should not be preachy or didactic. The Christian element and/or lesson should be inherent to the characterizations and so should come through in the protagonists’ natural actions/reactions to events and people around them.
- Heroes and heroines must be between the ages of 21 and 33, inclusive.
- ALL titles must be between 40,000 and 45,000 words. No exceptions.
Pure Amore^(TM) romances emphasize the beauty in chastity, so physical interactions such as kissing or hugging should focus on the characters’ emotions rather than heightened sexual desire, and any scenes of physical intimacy should be absolutely integral to the plot and/or
emotional development of the character or relationship.
At this time, we are interested in finished manuscripts only. Please do not query unless your manuscript is complete. Please visit our web site for the access to the submission form. http://pelicanbookgroup.com/ (short URL: http://pelink.us/write4pbg )
Pelican Book Group
White Rose * Harbourlight * Watershed * Pure Amore